A world of thanks to my dear friend Lia @ Chain of Novels for nominating me! I was about to apologize for taking so long to get to it, but then I remembered that her post is from a nomination back in August. See? I’m not thaaaaat slow. Ish. Anyway, please check out her blog and the blogs of everyone I nominate! They’re all fantastic!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Name a book you dislike that everyone seems to love?
Okay. Don’t kill me, please, I have to. But I didn’t like To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I didn’t even really like Peter Kravinsky. (Why did I say that now they’ll actually kill me.) The movies were better. (Ah now I want to kill me too.)
If you could wave a wand and fix one thing about the book community, what would it be?
Cancel culture. I mean, this isn’t really just a book community thing. More of a community thing. But I just don’t like it at all.
What’s one of your favourite bookish quotes?
“I learned a long time ago that we do not survive because we’re strong—we become stronger the more we survive.”
― William Ritter, The Dire King
Which book character(s) would you want to hang out with during this pandemic and why?
I think it would be really easy to hang out with one of my bookish book friends. Maybe Tessa Grey from The Infernal Devices.
Do you have a favourite toy from childhood or now? (I still have my stuffed puppy, Spot, from when I was 5 xD)
I have this stuffed animal of Goodnight Moon from when I was… tiny. I don’t remember how old, but preschool-age.
If you had to choose, would you rather become a vampire or a werewolf?
That’s a tricky one. I think I might actually go vampire. That way I could still blend in with my friends and stuff and it would be easier to hide. Also, the thing with werewolves is that I don’t like the idea of losing control like that. I mean, there’s some of that in being a vampire, but not to that level.
Which authors would you invite to a dinner party? (Dead or alive)
Let’s bring Jane Austen and her polar opposite, Sarah J Maas to switch things up.
Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
When you say fly, do you mean superman flight or like, hovering? I’d like to hover. If I get tired or whatever I can discreetly float around. I don’t know how I’d be able to fly without being seen or getting hit by a bird.
Have you ever wanted to visit somewhere because it sounded great in a book?
Maaaany times. City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab made me want to go to Amsterdam for all the ghosty stuff!
What do you do to drag yourself out of a reading slump?
I don’t get them. 😎 It’s just a mental thing. Just make yourself read and you’ll be fine! Unless of course you don’t have time, I get that.
Your top 3 fictional book boyfriends/girlfriends? (yes I’m evil like that )
Jem Carstairs, Kaz Brekker, and Dorian Havilliard.
If you were to write a book, what do you think your main character would be called?
Well, I am writing a book and the MC is named Kaelli (Pronounced Kay-lee)
What’s your favourite breakfast food?
Waffles all the way! Nina Zenik and I have something to talk about.
- Say you and some friends were planning a heist. Which would you be: the mastermind behind it all, the slippery spy, the muscel, the distraction, the sharpshooter, or that one person in the wrong place at the wrong time who dies? (Or if you’ve read Six of Crows tell me which of the gang you’d be)
- Floppy or perky eared dogs? Why?
- If you were going to a masquerade ball and your mask reflected your personality, what would it look like?
- Would you rather eradicate COVID-19 or global warming? (Note: If you chose global warming then COVID will never be cured and if you chose COVID global warming will never be fixed)
- Would you rather walk on your hands upside down in a handstand or walk on your hands and knees for the rest of your life?
- What do you want most (except books 😈) for Christmas/Hanukkah/any other winter gift-giving holiday you celebrate?
- Would you rather go to a fancy ball or country shindig? Why?
- If you were one of the twelve main Greek gods/goddesses, who would you most likely be?
- Puffer coats or fluffy coats? Why?
- If you could only use hand sanitizer or soap and water exclusively forever, which would you chose?
- Which of the five food groups is your favorite (dairy, carbs, fruit, veggies, or protein)?
- May @ Dreamer of Books and Coffee
- Cherelle @ A Bolt Out of the Book
- Jawahir @ Jawahir the Bookworm
- Ana @ Ana Bookshelves Blog
- Teodora @ The Dacian She-Wolf
- Sam @ Literary Delirium
- Lilly @ Lilly’s Little Library
- Tess @ Unbound Library
- Noelle @ Wordgazing and Magic
- Bex @ Bex the Bibliophile
- Stacy, Justin, and Nikole @ A Court of Coffee and Books